Monday, October 03, 2011

The Writer and the Artist

The Writer and the Artist

                I looked across the field of green and my eyes focused on an abstract figure. I quietly walked onward only then to discover a young man with a paintbrush in his hand. Not wanting to disturb him, I stood there watching as he transformed the breath-taking surroundings onto his canvas. Each stroke of his brush brought his painting to life.
            What brought this distinctive artist out here in the middle of this remote place where the warm breeze did blow as the flowers swayed as if they were dancing? Life here was unaffected as nature intended. What exquisite colors and the purity of the backdrop untouched by humans.
            Most would never gaze upon this quiet scene. Somehow, the artist and I may be the only ones to look upon this vivid landscape.  I never spoke to him because it would have ruined the moment, as each of us was lost in this interval of time where all things stood still in this tranquil paradise.
            He painted as his eyes saw what no one would in this far away secluded place. But yet a thousand eyes may see it still upon a canvas as this gifted visual artist brings something magical into this graphic painting.
            We are two worlds apart but yet we are one, his brush and my pen brought together by the awe-inspiring panorama that lies before us.
            Quietly I would soon disappear with pen in hand, as I go to write down these heartfelt words that I feel comes from somewhere deep within the soul. Maybe my eyes saw a glimpse of Heaven in this eternal place.
            I took one last look at him as he solemnly stood in the balmy breeze and studied the picture.  Silently I left him as he held a velvet brush in his hand and once again, he slowly stroked the canvas like a gentle lover caresses his bride. These intriguing images intoxicate his senses and in his eyes are the dreams others will never know.  Yes, he creates this image with different colors that many others will never see, and I write the imaginative words that few will ever read.
Donna Spencer
Donna’s Magic Pen©

No comments: