Thursday, October 06, 2011

What Do You Want From Me

Your words have no meaning they do not apply
Why are you so hateful, why do you make me cry
I won’t let you control me, not any more
There is nothing left to say, I am tired of this war

You say, and then I say, things that will never be
Why can’t you see that your words are hurting me
Why do you think that you are always right
Please don’t start things; I’m not looking for a fight

So what do you want from me, for I have nothing left to give
You have your life, and I have mine to live

Quit making up excuses I’m tired of listening to you lie
I can’t be with you, for you only make me cry
We can’t go on like this anymore
I just don’t love you, the way I did before

Many sleepless nights they pass on by
This relationship is over, and you have the nerve to ask me why
Why can’t you see all the love has gone away
After all we have been through, why do you want me to stay

So what do you want from me for I have nothing left to give
You have your life, and I have mine to live

I can’t let you hurt me anymore
No looking back as I walk out the door
You said you loved me, so why did you break my heart
There is nothing left for us; I’m going to make a brand new start

I close the door and start to walk away
You open it back up and you ask me to stay
I look at you and see a tear fall from your eye
Why do you ask me if we can still try

So what do you want from me for I have nothing left to give
You have your life and I have mine to live


I know this, would soon be like before
Nothing would change, for you would only be hurting me more
All that is left is to just walk away
And to say I’m sorry I just cannot stay

So what do you want from me, for I have nothing left to give
You have your life and I have mine to live.

Donna Spencer
Donna’s Magic Pen
October 6, 2011




No comments: