Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm Down on my Knees

Still standing tall
About to fall
A gentle breeze
Now I’m down on my knees
Maybe I’m just where I need to be

Father in Heaven I hope you can hear me
As I try and hide my falling tears
Trying to face so many fears
I’m drowning in this sorrow
I can’t even see tomorrow

I’m trying to hold on just waiting for an answer
For I am so confused
Everyday just brings more and more bad news
And it is hard to go on anymore

I’m down on my knees
I’m begging you please
Take this heartache and pain away from me
I just want to be free

I’m shaking deep down inside
I’ve lost myself; I’ve lost the person I used to be
I’m hurting, I’ve lost my pride
It’s cold and dark I want to hide
I just can’t do this anymore

I’m beaten down
I’m on the ground
I can’t get back up and be tall again
Where do I even begin
Father in Heaven I hope you can hear me

I’ve never felt like this before I was always in control
But now things are getting hard and I am getting old
Can’t stop no turning back but what more can I do
I’m down on my knees
Father in Heaven I hope you can hear me.


Donna’s Magic Pen
October 27, 2011

No comments: