Friday, September 30, 2011

Memories of You

Memories of You

A tear runs down upon my face
All these memories I can’t erase
Thoughts of you and yesterday
I wish these memories would fade away

My tears fall like the rain
That splatters upon a window pane
Memories both good and bad
Some are happy and some are sad

Remembering the softness of your lips on mine
So long ago another time
Holding hands watching the setting sun
A flood of feelings come undone

Thoughts surface and some make me cry
There are no answers no reasons why
You slipped away and everything changed
No right or wrong no one to blame

How is it that memories of my past
Let me see your face then they disappear so fast
So sad when we said goodbye
Moments like this they make me cry

And a tear runs down my face
Memories I can’t erase
Thoughts of you and yesterday
I wish all of them would just fade away

As I sit here silence is the only sound
As the tears like a waterfall they run down
Then my tears splash down upon this page
The memories of you start to fade

September 20, 2011
Donna Spencer
Donna’s Magic Pen

No comments: